HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT
HRG Human Resources Group is currently recruiting a Human Resource Assistant to provide generalist Human Resource support to our clients in areas such as recruitment, training, employee/labour relations, policy development and administration, occupational health & safety, and government compliance and legislation updates.
Please submit your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) Lori Fitzgerald at email@example.com .
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate or diploma in Human Resource Management or a related field
- Minimum 3 – 5 years generalist experience in a Human Resource role and possess or working toward the CHRP designation
- A valid British Columbia driver’s license and vehicle is required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide client support in areas such as:
- Customize various Human Resource practices and services to align and support the client’s changing business needs
- Develop, implement and administer Human Resource policies and procedures
- Create, deliver and/or monitor Orientation and Health & Safety programs
- Monitor and analyze WCB claims
- Represent client’s at appeal hearings
- Train client’s managers and supervisors on issues such as performance planning/reviews, harassment, recruitment, progressive discipline, termination
- Perform entire range of services in the recruitment and selection process for clients including development of policies, job descriptions, advertising, pre-screening and recommendations for interviews, question development, interviewing (if required), reference checks, job offers
- Mediate, advise and coach client’s management and staff on the interpretation and application of policies in areas such as progressive discipline, problem-solving, terminations, exit interviews, WCB issues and performance related issues (culpable and non-culpable)
- Provide on-site Human Resource coverage at client’s facility, as required
- Apply various research methods to complete customer projects
- Provide regular feedback to supervisor
- Represent HRG professionally both in manner and appearance
- Represents HRG at client meetings, conferences and other events
- Occasional travel for periods of up to a week may be required
- Perform other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of legislation, regulations and acts pertaining to Human Resources such as Employment Standards, WCB, PIPA
- Ability to prepare and provide clear, concise and complete verbal and written information (including reports, presentations and correspondence) at a level appropriate to the audience
- Ability to organize work load and set priorities to meet HRG objectives and goals
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- Ability to negotiate practical and appropriate solutions to problems or issues
- Ability to identify with the client’s needs, wants, problem situations – i.e. high degree of empathy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of energy, self-confidence and enthusiasm. Natural tendency to be competitive and to persevere in the face of challenges
- Good project management and interpersonal team skills
- Computer literacy: contact management software, proficiency in MS Office is essential, with a working knowledge of PowerPoint and Project.
- Proficient typing skills.
Thank you for your interest in HRG Human Resources Group and the Human Resource Consultant position. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
return to top