HRG Human Resources Group is a boutique Human Resources Consulting firm, and is seeking an extraordinary Human Resources Professional to join our team.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, and provide generalist Human Resource support to our clients in areas such as, but not limited to: recruitment, training, employee/labour relations, policy development and administration, occupational health and safety, and government compliance and legislation updates.
This unique role will focus heavily on designing and delivering customized training to organizations in multiple industries, and high volume recruitment for specialized, technical roles. The successful applicant will also be responsible for business growth by generating new client relationships and maintaining a superior level of customer service and satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide client support in areas such as:
- Customize various Human Resource practices and services to align and support the client’s changing business needs;
- Assist in the development and delivery of customized training in areas such as Bullying and Harassment, Labor relations, Leadership development, and Emergency Preparedness;
- Develop, implement and administer Human Resource policies and procedures;
- Create, deliver and/or monitor Orientation and Health and Safety programs;
- Train client’s managers and supervisors on issues such as, performance planning/reviews, harassment, recruitment, progressive discipline, termination;
- Perform entire range of services in the recruitment and selection process for clients including development of policies, job descriptions, advertising, pre-screening and recommendations for interviews, question development, interviewing (if required), reference checks, job offers;
- Mediate, advise and coach client’s management and staff on the interpretation and application of policies in areas such as progressive discipline, problem-solving, terminations, exit interviews, WCB issues and performance related issues (culpable and non-culpable);
- Monitor and analyze WCB claims;
- Generate material for a monthly online Human Resource newsletter;
- Maintain HRG Human Resources Group website;
- Apply various research methods to complete customer projects;
- Provide regular feedback to supervisor;
- Represent HRG professionally both in manner and appearance;
- Represent HRG at client meetings, conferences and other events;
- Occasional travel may be required;
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of legislation, regulations and acts pertaining to Human Resources such as BC Employment Standards, Canada Labour Code, WCB, PIPPA;
- Ability to prepare and provide clear, concise and complete verbal and written information (including reports, presentations and correspondence) at a level appropriate to the audience;
- Ability to organize work load and set priorities to meet HRG objectives and goals;
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deadlines;
- Ability to negotiate practical and appropriate solutions to problems or issues;
- Ability to identify with the client’s needs, wants, problem situations – i.e. high degree of empathy;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- High level of energy, self-confidence and enthusiasm. Natural tendency to be competitive and to persevere in the face of challenges;
- Good project management and interpersonal team skills;
- Computer literacy: contact management software, proficiency in MS Office is essential, with a working knowledge of PowerPoint and Project.
Required Education and Experience:
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Human Resource Management or a related field;
- Minimum 5 years generalist experience in a Generalist Human Resource role or Recruitment/Training specialist role;
- Experience in the design and delivery of organizational training;
- CHRP designation an asset;
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS an asset;
- A valid British Columbia driver’s license and vehicle is required.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com. For more information on HRG Human Resources Group, please visit our About Us and Services pages, or Contact us.
We thank you for your interest in HRG Human Resources Group. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.